BAL’s comprehensive family of architect-specific seminars are all fully RIBA-accredited for architects’ annual CPD requirement.
Each 45-minute seminar gives detailed coverage of a particular aspect of tiling.
NEW – External tiling solutions for balconies and terraces
· Specify natural stone, ceramics and porcelain onto balconies and terraces with confidence. Understand the key issues around system design, assemblies and safe transitions for external areas.
Floor tiling solutions for the modern build
· Specify with confidence in a variety of common situations, including wet rooms, timber backgrounds and underfloor heating.
The CPD is split into four interchangeable modules which Identify potential, costly problems, considers how these problems can arise, offers practical advice on preventative measures and the use of correct materials. It highlights British (and European) standards, health and safety issues and identifies the different types of adhesives, grout and pre-preparation technology available.
Tiling solutions for heavily trafficked areas
· Recognise differing factors influencing specification in a range of applications, from shopping malls to railway stations.
This CPD provides design and specification guidance on relevant codes of practice and explains new ceramic tile adhesive technology and EN classifications, as well as providing further guidance on problem solving and how to avoid potentially costly failures.
Tiling solutions for leisure centres
· Understand the issues common within leisure sector tiling, including drying time, waterproofing systems and slip resistance.
It covers the need for detail in tiling work specifications, guidance on codes of practice, new adhesive technology and EN classifications, examples of costly failures and a case study of successful specification for a large leisure facility including wet areas, areas of high humidity and swimming pools.
UPDATED – Specifying natural stone
· Appreciate the implications of tiling with various natural stone types, from preparation to protection and aftercare.
Each seminar has been created with architects in mind, but designers, contractors and other specifiers would also find all of them valuable.
For more information on BAL’s RIBA-accredited CPDs click here