Lightweight tile backer board for internal environments
A specialist magnesium oxide tile backer board with BBA and NHBC Approval, BAL Board provides a strong and stable background for wall and floor tiling. Water and mould resistant, it will not swell or degrade over time. Approved by fixers, BAL Board is the strongest on the market supporting up to 100kg/m2 despite being lightweight and easy to carry and install.
15-35% lighter than cement-based board, BAL Board is easy to store, carry and install – making your life easier. No specialist cutting tools or specialist fixings are required, plus minimal dust when cutting means no harm to the fixer or environment. BAL Board scored significantly higher in end-user trails than alternate leading cement-based boards and comes fully supported with BAL’s trusted 25 year guarantee. Thermal resistance means it is suitable for use with underfloor heating.
- Providing a complete and easy to use BAL tiling solution.
- Easy to cut and easy to use water and mould-resistant tile backer board.
- Provides a stable substrate to both wall and floor.
- Suitable for dry or wet interior environments (when tanked with BAL Tank-it) prior to fixing wall and floor tiles.
- Use to paint or wallpaper over when rooms are not to be fully tiled.
Composition: Magnesium oxide board, inorganic substances and alkaline resistant fibreglass mesh. Low energy manufacturing process.
Type: Internal use only
THICKNESS – FLOOR
THICKNESS – WALL SIZES: 1200mm x 600mm 6mm & 12mm 12mm only MAXIMUM WEIGHT: 100kg per sq2