Unique floating uncoupling mat for unprepared problem floors.
BAL Flexbone 2Easy is a unique loose-laid uncoupling mat where no adhesive is needed underneath – a truly uncoupled system! Because it is floating, only basic preparation is needed – simply sweep or vacuum solid, level floors and lay the mat. No remove of residue, bitumen or laitance. No priming needed. Tile immediately to contaminated, stained or cracked screeds and over bitumen. Fast-track tiling on new anhydrite and sand:cement screeds that aren’t cured as moisture evaporates through covering joints.
Perfect for light commercial and domestic projects, BAL Flexbone 2Easy is a game-changing uncoupling system saving you time and money. Save a massive 2kg/m2 on adhesive compared to bonded mats, plus save on primer and preparation tools and products! Perfect for rental properties, heritage projects and retail stores. Plus because it is truly uncoupled, the tiled surface can be easily removed and replaced!!
- Large format ceramic, porcelain, natural stone, slabs with minimum edge length of 200mm
- Protecting existing floor coverings i.e sensitive heritage background
- Unprepared internal floor substrates – provided they are flat
- Counteracting tension stresses between substrate and tiled surface
- Cracked substrates, mixed substrates, bitumen, contaminated and stained substrates
- Light trafficked commercial areas
- Bathrooms, kitchens, hallways and conservatories
- Heated floors, timber floors, existing load bearing floor surfaces.
- New cement:sand screeds (when walkable), anhydrite screeds at 1.5% CM (usually 0.5% CM).
Join roll ends with Watec ST Seam Reinforce Mesh Tape (100mm x 25mm rolls)
Colour: Grey with blue mesh
Pack sizes: 20m rolls, 5x 2m2 sheets.
Sheet Width: 1m plus 50mm overlapping
Sheet Thickness: 3mm
Roll Weight: approx. 18kg
Sheet Weight: approx 1.8kg/per sheet