When it comes to improving your home, why leave anything to chance? Getting the most out of your tiler means starting out on the right foot and making sure you’re both happy with all the details. And that’s where our top 10 tips come in.
Top 10 Tips to Check to Tick-Off
- Make sure you’re 100% on how you’d like the completed room to look. If you’re stuck for inspiration, take a look at our top tiling ideas.
- Check the job details through with your tiler, exactly what’s included and any extra charges.
- Make sure the tiler provides a professional quote with full details of the work to be done.
- Make sure the tiler uses the adhesive specified on the quote. Most professionals use BAL – this range of adhesives and grouts is the only one with a 25 year guarantee.
- Will the tiler guarantee their work (in addition to the BAL 25 year guarantee)?
- Ask to see pictures of the tiler’s work.
- Make sure you check out what other people thoughts are right here.
- Ask to see copies of any qualifications and trade affiliations, plus public liability insurance.
- Confirm the starting date and how long the job will take.
- Make sure the tiler looks well presented.