BAL – market-leaders in full tiling systems – have a launched a new external tiling range for easy installation of pavers, slabs and 20mm porcelain.
The simple range provides a familiar system for the most-common process of installing patios and ground floor terraces.
Using the market-leading performance and quality standards, the new range provides improved installation for the two main build-ups in the UK: concrete or Type 1 MOT, or concrete which is in perfect condition for tiling.
When installing onto concrete or Type 1 MOT, easy fixing is made possible with three new BAL External Range Products:
BAL Priming Slurry Bond – a flexible slurry priming coat for bonding external pavers and tiles.
- Fast and simple to use – only requires mixing with water
- Provides excellent bonding strength between base and pavers or tiles
- Excellent coverage of 8m2 at 2mm thickness
- Brush, roll or trowel on
- Fully compliant with BS 7533
BAL Bedding Mortar – A pre-blended mix of cement and graded fillers to provide a semi-dry mortar bed
- Simple to use, just add water and mix in a force action mixer
- Can be laid from 10mm for concrete, or 25mm for Type 1 MOT, to 100mm in a single application
- Gives more than 1 hour working time
- Walkable in 12 hours n Freeze/thaw resistant and conforms to BS 7533 requirement
BAL Terrace Grout – Provide the perfect finish with this high performance flexible joint compound for pavers and tiles
- Super smooth and hard-wearing finish
- Mixes quickly on-site with water
- Exceptional bond strength and flexibility
- Joint widths up to 15mm
- Available in 4 key colours – beige, light grey, dark grey, charcoal
- Frost and heat resistant n Conforms to EN 13888
When fixing onto concrete which is in a good condition for tiling, but may need smoothing out, BAL is launching new BAL Level Out, a fast-setting one-part external levelling compound for smoothing rough or impact damaged concrete.
BAL Level Out has a number of performance benefits including:
- Suitable for external applications
- Fast-setting – walkable after 2-3 hours
- Apply from 2mm to 20mm thick in a single application
- Smooth flow and excellent coverage – 3m² at 5mm thick
- Water content can be reduced for gradient levelling (i.e. creating falls etc)
- 30-minute bucket life
When fixing direct onto concrete or leveller, BAL recommends the use of BAL Pourable One.
BAL Pourable One is a rapid-setting, thick-bed tile adhesive, perfect for fixing large format porcelain, slabs and natural stone.
With bed depths up to 25mm, it is suitable to level minor inconsistencies. As a pourable adhesive it makes tiling easy over larger areas. With a thixotropic formulation, ribs hold their shape and easily collapse to ensure solid-bed fixing. Back-buttering is not required with flat, level surfaces.
All BAL’s products are freeze/thaw resistant and use the most up-to-date technology ensures long-lasting patios and terraces.
A straightforward system, it’s the easiest external fixing range under the sun! No complex primers, no complex preparation, just trusted market-leading products!